Adjusting flavor, while reducing salt. Mildy palate pleasing herbs in all your favortie dishes.
Basil, Marjoram, Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Garlic, Onion • Use each alone or mix them together.
• BASIL, OREGANO, PARSLEY taste great in tomato sauces, (use low sodium tomatoes or tomato sauce). Serve the sauce with pasta or rice.
- Fresh minced garlic and diced onion sauté in a 2 Tbsp oil for 7 minutes on med low. Add tomato sauce simmer for 20 minutes, add oregano and parsley, OR basil at end.
With 2 tbsp olive oil combine equal parts of ROSEMARY, SAGE, THYME, to a GARLIC clove, half ONION saute` in pan on medium low for 7-10 minutes and then add to your favorite bean dish.
• Try any of these herbs in your steamed vegetables or in soups.
- Chives, Dill, Parsley ,Tarragon • Steam any one of these with your vegetables or with fish.
- • Tarragon is great in soup.
- • Dill is great in rice with vegetables and kidney beans, or in dips with yogurt and low fat sour cream.
- Chives and parsley are great on top of salad, soup or baked potato. They are also good in dips with yogurt and sour cream.
Allspice, Garlic, Marjoram ,Parsley ,Thyme • Mix these herbs and spices together and rub into any meat, poultry, or pork for a terrific dish.
Marjoram, Rosemary, Tarragon • Combine spices and rub into the chicken or turkey (with the skin removed) and steam it.
Curry powder, Turmeric, minced Garlic and diced Onions • Saute` in 2-3 Tbsp olive oil for 7 minutes on med low temp, then add tomatoes (tomato sauce), rice, black beans and corn for a delicious Spanish flavor.